Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Simple Beer Pancakes

In theory, neither making pancakes or blogging is difficult. In reality, I am absurdly lazy...so neither ever really gets done. 2 weeks ago, while visiting Carolyn, I decided to do something about this: I made beer pancakes! Unfortunately, it has taken me 2 weeks to get around to posting this, but I guess that's better than never.


These pancakes are the original way that I made beer pancakes and are by far the easiest way to add beer to your breakfast. I just bought some instant pancake mix and instead of adding water, I add beer. No one can mess this up.

Ok, so here is one way you can mess this up: not having a griddle or any pans suitable for pancake making. This saucepan made flipping a little more difficult than expected (Carolyn and I were not in either of our home kitchens and had to make due).

Thank goodness I am a flipping master! I dug my spatula in there and got it under that pancake.

Once you can pick it up with the spatula, the flipping part isn't very difficult.

Carolyn made some nice apple wedges for the pancakes using apples, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Steps: melt butter; add apples, cook for a bit; add sugar and cinnamon...do not burn. At least, we think that's what we did...maybe next time we will take notes.

My plating/garnishing skills leave a little to be desired, but you get the idea.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. deglazing the apple pan with a little bourbon is also nice.

    ReplyDelete